No you won't find Ryan Seacrest or Dick Clark here, and it's not Times Square. Instead, at the threshold of yet another new year, I bring you a countdown of the best of my blog.
- My very first post
- My one and only guest post
- On winning the lottery
- Congratulations Barack
- About skipping
- Adventures of the Traveling Plate
- My Secret Santa exchange
- The horserace
- New Year's resolutions
and some Avenue traditions to ensure a fortunate and prosperous New Year.
- All bills need to be paid prior to Jan 1st, so the new year is not started off in debt.
- The eating of herring will bring money in the new year. This works for my mom, not so much for me.
- Wear something new, to make sure you will be well dressed all year.
- DO NOT do the laundry on New Years Day, it means someone may die.
- Kiss those dear to you at midnight, doing so will keep that love growing.
- Let the old year out the back door and the new year in the front door. Make lots of noise to scare away any evil spirits. Banging on pots with a wooden spoon works well.
- For the best possible fortune in the new year the 1st person entering your home should be a tall, dark, handsome man. Whew, I have all those bases covered with Whynot. Blonds bring bad luck and if a woman enters 1st, she brings with her disaster.
- Garbage should not be thrown outside, nor should you shake out your rugs on New Years day, or you will be throwing away all the good luck.
How do you plan on ringing in 2009? Adults only at the Waldorf Astoria? Or perhaps the Trump Tower in Chicago? Will it be a family affair at Disney World? Can you even stay up that late?