In a few weeks, we'll pack up the caravan and head up northwest to the Allstate Arena, for Monster Jam; where over 100 trucks, including Grave Digger, will compete at this roaring event. Every time TOF sees the commercial he mentions how much he'd like to go see the monster trucks. Unknown to him, Mema has already secured tickets and is actively searching online for protective ear covers.
Here's a few fun facts about those trucks:
- At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in two different forms of competition -- side-by-side racing and freestyle.
- 2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
- More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
- The World Finals in Las Vegas, NV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
- A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles / 72,400 kilometers a year by land to attend events.
- Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
- Steel body full-size cars are the vehicles typically crushed during a monster truck event.
- Cars, as well as vans, buses, motor homes, airplanes and ambulances, are attained from local junkyards and returned after each event.
- Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.
The show will run Friday February 11 at 7:30, Saturday February 12 at 2 and 7:30, and Sunday February 13 at 2 and 7:30.
Kid's tickets are $10 all weekend, and all tickets are only $10 on Friday night. To save 33% on adult tickets Saturday and Sunday use the promo code MOM at ticketmaster.com, the Allstate Arena box office, or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Enter the code in the “MC Promotions Box” on Ticketmaster. Offer only valid on $20 mid-level seats. Not valid the day of the show. Service charges and handling fees may apply. No double discounts.
Disclaimer: My family will receive complimetary tickets to attend Monster Jam.
I received no monetary compensation and the opinions are my own.