Happy Birthday My Dear Sweet TC!
TC, today at 10:52 pm, according to your pediatrician, you will magically transform from a baby into a full fledged toddler. Umm well not exactly. Oh sure, it's your birthday, and you're one. You stopping eating baby food months ago. Same with formula. You gave up your bottle at 11 months and drink all liquids out of a sippy cup or straw.
You have eight teeth and haven't found a food you dislike. Unless of course it's on the end of a spoon held by someone else. You very much prefer to feed yourself. You have no idea how difficult that is for someone as anal as your Mema. I should own stock in wipes and paper towels.
Your typical day goes something like this:
- Arrive at Mema's at 6am
- Go back to sleep until anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30-ish
- Diaper change
- Breakfast or as we like to call it "the beginning of the feeding frenzy"
- Playtime. You love Little People and Duplos, oh and anything with wheels.
- About 11:30-ish we start lunch. You'll eat whatever it is your brother is having only more.
- At noon, your brother gets on the bus, you get another diaper change and go down for nap
- Your nap usually lasts 3 hours.
- 3:00 p.m. Rise and Shine, diaper, snack and more playtime.
- 3:30 Pa gets home from work and gives you another snack
- 3:40 TOF gets home from school and you're on snack #3
- 5:30 Mommy gets home from work and you and your brother go home for dinner
- 7:30 is tubby time
- and by 8 p.m. after a cup of milk you're back in bed for the night :)
Your 1 year check up isn't until Friday afternoon and I can't wait to hear your stats! You're wearing a size 4 diaper and 24mth clothes. You're a very tall baby. Your hair is very fine and wispy and sometimes it looks a little red. On Friday you're also going to get your very first haircut. According to some old Polish Proverb it's bad luck to get your haircut before your first birthday and we don't mess with stuff like that.
You can clap your hands and wave and do so big. You can say Mama, Dada and ada (for Pa). Sometimes it sounds like your calling your brother by his name, very loudly, much the same way all of us do. And your brother, you are so crazy in love with him, as he is with you. You're very strong willed at times, ha big surprise there. You are very much a toddler. Except for that toddling part. You absolutely refuse to walk unaided. You'll push a wagon or truck or even the sides of the corral, but you won't let go and cruise on your own.
Happy Birthday TC, enjoy your first taste of chocolate caaaaaake tonight!