Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by #Netflix #StreamTeam, all opinions are my own
Can you believe it's already time for back to school!
You've probably purchased all the supplies already. Including a shiny new backpack, lunch box and 47 rolls of paper towels. I don't know about you, but I can't imagine what the teacher does with 47 times 30 rolls of paper towels, let alone where she stores them in that tiny classroom.
They're all set! Good to go!
But have you really prepared them for what's ahead in the coming school year?
Have you reminded them to start the year with kindness and empathy?
Below are some things you can do to help your child develop empathy.
- set a good example by your own actions
- make your child feel safe, loved and happy at home
- encourage your child to help those less fortunate
- take advantage of teaching moments
Check out this list of titles to stream on Netflix, which will help you show your kids how to treat others with kindness and respect. In addition to those below, Derek is a great way to foster a conversation about acceptance with your teens – from the creative mind of Ricky Gervais, a comedy genius with fans of all ages, this mockumentary style comedy-drama makes tough discussions more approachable.
12 Netflix Titles to Promote Kindness and Acceptance
For your big kids:
3. A Mile in His Shoes
5. Good Luck Charlie: Down a Tree
And your little ones:
2. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Season 3, Ep. 4: One Bad Apple
3. Arthur, Season 15, Ep. 8: Muffy's Classic Classy Club / Best Enemies
4. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Super Why, Season 1, Ep. 61: The Ugly Duckling: Becoming a Swan
6. The Fox and the Hound