Fortunately during that snowstorm, my family and I were safe at home. But I wonder if those motorists on Lake Shore Drive last year were prepared? Did they have anything in their cars to sustain them in this emergency? Where any of them traveling with children?
Did you know:
- Over 9 million children suffer from non-fatal injuries each year, and accidents are the leading cause of death for children. Additionally, dangerous weather events cause hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries every year.
- 70% of power outages in the U.S. are weather related. Numerous power failures are caused by natural weather phenomena such as lightening, rain, snow, ice, wind,and even dust.
any emergency that may arise. They recommend the kit include food, water, flash
light, extra batteries, first aid kit, sanitation and personal hygiene items, and other necessities.
This month I'm partnering with Energizer and Champions for Kids in the Energizer Light Up A Life Champions for Kids Campaign. My task is to put together a Winter Survival Kit to help children in need stay safe and be prepared for winter weather emergencies. Later this month I'll be sharing what I included in my Winter Survival Kit.
I encourage you to gather your co-workers, family and friends and put together a few items that would be useful in an emergency and donate them to a shelter or other organization that serves children and may not have the means to purchase these items. Together we can reach thousands and be true Champions for Kids!
Please join us for a Twitter Party on
Thursday, February 9th at 8:00 p.m. EST
to spread the word about this campaign.
There will be prizes! (2) $25, (1) $50, and (1) $100 Walmart Gift Cards.
RSVP here and follow along using hashtag #EnergizerCFK
For additional information visit:
- Champions For Kids Website: http://championsforkids.org/simple/
- Energizer’s Website: http://www.energizer.com/Pages/default.aspx
- Energizer’s Positive Energy Website: http://www.nowthatspositivenergy.com/
- @Champions4Kids on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/search/champions4kids
- @Energizer on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/EnergizerBunny
- Champions for Kids on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ChampionsForKids
- Energizer on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EnergizerBunny
Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias, all opinions are my own.